God the Father
Known by several names in the Holy Bible, but mostly known as YHWH (aka "Yahweh" or the Tetragrammaton, which are the four letters YHWH) in the preface to the Book of Joshua ("The title of this book is appropriately named after its central figure, Joshua. His original name is Hoshea, "Salvation" (Numbers 13:8); but Moses evidently changes it to Yehoshua, "Yahweh is Salvation" (Numbers 13:16)), JAH (pronounced Yah) in Psalm 68:4, and also JEHOVAH (Exodus 6:3, Psalm 83:18, Isaiah 12:2 and Isaiah 26:4); Often referred to as the Lord of Hosts (the hosts of heaven, the host of angels, Lord of the fullness of creation) (Jeremiah 50:34) as well as the Redeemer (again Jeremiah 50:34), which could also apply to Jesus.
(About God. From God)
Isaiah 45:5-6 (and v.22) - There is only God. No other gods exist.
· v.7- God forms the light and creates darkness. He makes peace and calamity (a.k.a. evil).
· v.8 - He created salvation and righteousness.
· v.9 - Likens man questioning or transgressing God to clay (man) questioning the clay fashioner's (God's) motives.
· v.12-13 and v.18- He created the earth and created man upon earth. His hands have stretched out the heavens, and all their host He has commanded. (In another chapter, the physical universe- all the stars, galaxies, the entire physical universe- is described as only as big as the span of God's right arm...imagine putting your arm out in front of you and stretching it from left to right, as far as you can go. That is how big our universe is compared to God).
· v.18 - God formed the earth to be inhabited.
· v.19 - The Lord speaks righteousness and declares things that are right.
· v. 22 - (Anyone) - Look to God and be saved.
· v. 23 - God has sworn that all knees bend (bow) to Him and every tongue swear in His presence.
Isaiah 48: v.12 - God said, "I am he; I am the first, I also am the last."
· v.5- (God) Shows mankind signs and declares them before they occur so man won't confuse these signs as having been done by an idol or molten image.
· v. 17- The Redeemer = God (Jesus prophesied as God incarnate in human form).
· v.17- God teaches us to profit and leads us in the way we should go.
Isaiah 49: v.6- (Prophesied) Jesus is the light of the world [1) for the tribes of Jacob (the Jews) and 2) to the Gentiles and all others throughout the universe] to be Salvation for them all and return them to God.
1 Corinthians 1:25 (not a direct quote from God, but I felt it was a wise description). Paul states, "Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men."
Acts 7:47-50- (Indirect quote again) Solomon built the grandest temple in the world for God, but God does not dwell in buildings made by human hands. God asks Solomon, "The heavens are my throne, the earth is my footstool; What kind of house can you build me? What is my resting place to be like? Did not my hand make all these things?"
Isaiah 40:28-31 (Indirect)- (The Lord) God is the eternal God.
· v.28- God created the ends of the earth.
· -God doesn't grow faint nor weary.
· - God's knowledge is beyond scrutiny.
· v.29- God gives strength to the fainting, and He makes vigor abound for the weak.
· v.31- God renews the strength of those that hope in Him, and they'll "soar as with eagles' wings";they'll run without getting tired, they'll walk and not grow faint.
John 4: v.24- "God is a Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and truth."
Isaiah 44: v.21- "God formed/created us to be servants to Him.
· v.24- "I am the Lord, who made all things; who alone stretched out the heavens; when I spread out the earth, who was with me?"
· v.25- "It is I who bring to nought the omens of liars, who make fools of diviners. I turn wise men back and make their knowledge foolish."
· v.26- "It is I who confirm the words of my servants, I carry out the plan announced by my messengers."
· v.27- "It is I who said to the deep: Be dry; I will dry up your wellsprings."
Isaiah 45:v21 and Isaiah 46: v.9-10- There is no just and saving god but God. He's told us this from the beginning and has told us through the ages.
: v.22- Anybody in the universe who turns to God will be safe. There is no other god.
· v.23- God swears by Himself.
· -His decrees are just.
· -His word is unalterable
· -Anyone in God's presence must kneel before Him (Personal note: You can't resist...It's something
· your entire being does without your effort of will, as if an outside force brought you gently but
· forcefully to your knees).
· (end of)v.23 and 24- Every tongue shall swear by God that "Only in the Lord are just deeds and power."
· Only God is just and only God has power. Humans have neither of these. God gives us these
· things and He can take them away.
· v.24- Anyone who vents their anger against God shall come before God in shame.
Isaiah 46:v.3-4- We've been God's burden since our birth;
· He (God) is the same, though we grow old, and
· He carries us through life to safety. He'll continue to do so.
Isaiah 46:9-10- There's only one God, and God is it.
· There's no other entity like Him.
· He foretells the outcome at the beginning.
· Before He accomplishes his plans, He says they will stand (and they do).
· (proof) God accomplishes His EVERY purpose. (What God says - will be done).